“That all soldiers, veterans and their immediate families should have the opportunity to avoid hardship and enjoy independence and dignity.”
Some of our achievements in 2016-2017
- Total charitable expenditure of around £9.2 million, directly supporting more than 4,500 individuals and funding 92 charities and organisations that delivered help on our collective behalf. Overall more than 75,000 people have been touched by our support – spread worldwide across 59 countries.
- Last year our oldest beneficiary was 105, and our youngest was nine months. 18% of our grants went to the Serving community.
- Another successful year saw a robust income of £19.3 million and further replenishment of our Reserves after the need to draw on them during the Iraq and Afghan campaigns.
- For the second year running, we were named as the number one charity nationally ‘To Deliver on its Promises’ by Third Sector, the UK’s leading publication for the voluntary sector.
- And we carried out a lot of work internally in response to recent highly critical comment on charities in general – to make sure we can continue to operate in a highly responsible and effective manner.